British Carmelites Celebrate 50th anniversary of Province restoration
The Catholic Church at Lampeter was opened by the Carmelites on the feast of our Lady of Mount Carmel in 1940 and was the first church dedicated to Our Lady of Mount Carmel in Wales.
The building of the Church was overseen by Carmelite Friar Fr. Malachy Lynch O’Carm
Holy Mass was celebrated by the Prior General of the Carmelite Order. The most Rev Fernando Millan Romeral O’Carm Fr. Keith Evans Parish Priest assisted.
This was a great honour for the Roman Catholic Church in Lampeter. People attended from all over the UK and of course local parishioners.